Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just Another Wednesday


This is my first post, like a first impression, I can't take this one back...

I wanted to start this blog to share my thoughts and my creations with the world. I plan on posting a little bit of everything and a whole lot of little nothings. So here goes nothing!

As the buzz from the Valentine's day candy is beginning to fade and the ginormous piles of show are melting outside, I'm beginning to sense the shift of attitude that always comes this time of year...Why do we let piles of snow and cold temps drive our attitudes? Winter is just a part of life, and I for one am glad that we have winter.

(Example that Winter and ice are awesome... Absolut Icebar London)

Reasons why I love Winter:

1. Don't have to worry about sweating constantly.
2. Gives you an excuse to drink a lot of warm drinks, AKA Hot Chocolate or anything that comes in a Starbucks cup.
3. Permits an adequate amount of laziness.
4. It falls between semesters, so you have a lot more free time and if you are working, at least there is Christmas.
5. Ugs actually have a purpose besides looking ugly... Point, Set and Match.

Moral of the Story, love Winter and it will love you back.

I have recently been making a whole boatload of these little truffle things that are super yummy and I thought I would just share the recipe with the world, or at least you.

CAUTION: Super easy.

Ingredients

Package of Oreos
Package of Cream Cheese
Bag o' Chocolate Chips

Crush oreos, mix with cream cheese. Roll mixture into balls and then dip them in the melted chocolate chips. For best results freeze and eat!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. and now you have your first follower :) I have to say, I love winter living in the NorthWest. No piles of snow... just a few snowflakes on good days!

    Amy (your cousin & fellow blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad you liked the truffles! :)

    ReplyDelete